Chicago Metallurgical Laboratory
|1390 N 25th Ave
Melrose Park, IL 60160
SGS MSi offers a comprehensive range of metallurgical testing laboratory services, with a strong investigative focus on failure analysis. In addition, SGS MSi provides accredited chemical analysis, mechanical testing, engineering services, and metallurgical services.
Failure Analysis Chicago
Our cutting-edge Chicago laboratory is a 33,000-square-foot facility anchored by full-service failure analysis and metallurgical lab departments. As one of the largest metallurgical failure analysis labs in the United States, SGS MSi is able to deliver customized testing and reporting services with fast turnaround times. Specific offerings include:
- Failure analysis. SGS MSi’s failure analysis lab is driven by a team of proven professionals and credentialed engineers with elite qualifications. We provide easy-to-read annotated and thoroughly documented reports, and each report is characterized by accessible language and definitive conclusions.
- Engineering services. SGS MSi’s professional engineering service offerings focus on five key areas: product claims, third-party testing, problem solving and consultations, specification reviews and reverse engineering, all of which are guided by engineers with industry-specific training and experience.
- Metallurgical services. SGS MSi’s metallurgical testing services are driven by specification-guided processes. Each process results in data-rich reports that include clear descriptions of repeatable material examinations. Most services can be completed within three to four business days, and expedited testing is available to clients requiring a faster turnaround.
- Chemical analysis. SGS MSi’s chemical analysis department is led by a team of chemists with over 30 years of experience. Base metal analysis is available for materials including plain carbon steel, alloy steel, tool steel, stainless steel, cast and ductile iron, powder metals, brass, bronze and base elements (including aluminum, copper, magnesium, titanium and tungsten).
- Mechanical testing. Serving over 30 industries, SGS MSi’s mechanical testing lab offers seven major types of accredited examinations, including tensile testing, Charpy impact testing, ISO 148 U-notch testing, axial tensile testing, bend testing, surface roughness testing and step bar/frequency severity testing.
To request a quote or discuss your needs in detail, call 708.343.3444.
Hours of Operation
Monday to Friday
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Chicago Lab: 708.343.3444
Calgary Lab - 403.262.7072 | Edmonton Lab - 780.468.3030
Montreal Lab - 800.361.1679